Interest in backup camera, also known as a rearview camera is at an all-time high People who are purchasing new vehicles are have included backup camera system as one of the factors to consider while those with older vehicles without a backup camera are looking to install one. The concern most people have however is the cost of purchasing and installing a system, especially with the cost differences that currently exist in the market. To get a grip on backup camera installation cost, one has to understand the different type of systems that exist and installation processes.
Different types of backup cameras at different costs
As with all gadgets and technology, there are many different backup cameras with different qualities. The best backup camera is one with a high-end camera and other convenient features like a wireless system for easy installation. Such a camera will come at a higher cost as compared to the rest of the available options but the functionality and convenience are worth it. Other aspects of backup cameras that may differ and affect the cost include.
• The size and type of monitor. A larger monitor will cost more than a smaller sized one while a digital touchscreen will be more expensive than an analog version.
• The number of cameras, some systems have multiple cameras.
• Features like GPS navigation
• Installation tools.
For example, installing a backup camera integrated within a tailgate can cost around $1 500.
Components of a backup camera system?
• A backup camera system will include a camera, a monitor, and connecting wires if it is not wireless. Some backup cameras are sold without a monitor; these are perfected for a vehicle that already has a dashboard screen otherwise you have to purchase the monitor separately
• Speaking of monitors, the resolution of a monitor and the camera plays a huge role in determining the cost of a backup camera system Logically, a high-resolution screen or camera with great video quality will cost more.
• There are some essential components for a backup camera system that may not come with the system, these you have to purchase separately, For example, drilling holes to install the camera will require a hole maker. Some systems come with a hole maker while some do not.
The Bottom Line
The cost of installing a backup camera system on your vehicle will depend on the quality of the components and type of system that you choose. In addition to purchasing a backup camera, you may need to hire a professional installer if you are not handy yourself. Wired systems cost the least when purchasing, but the costs of installation may be high Wireless systems cost more when purchasing but the costs of installation are low.
The average wired system costs around $150 to purchase, depending on the installer you hire it can cost much more than that to have it installed onto your vehicle. The average wireless system on Amazon costs around $250 to buy, but the installation costs are less than that.
To get a better overview of backup camera installation cost, it is useful to take a look at the prices for different systems on Amazon and settle for the best backup camera that meets your needs.Backup Camera Installing Cost
For a few schools this year, the dream of having iPads in the classroom changed into a reality. A couple…
The backup camera is another feature you can not overlook as it will help you avoid countless mishaps. It is…
Most of the cars on the road are not latest, as buying a new car is sort of a headache…
Interest in backup camera, also known as a rearview camera is at an all-time high People who are purchasing new…
To improve vehicle safety and reduce accidents, most countries are making it mandatory to install a backup camera system on…
In modern society, the presence of a backup camera has become a reliable accompaniment in our vehicles. Most of these…